- Role: Business Support Administrator
- Location: Runcorn
- Hours: Full Time
- Term: Permanent
UP TO £21,000 & GREAT BENEFITS
If you are an experienced Business Support Administrator, looking for an exciting new challenge, then this is the perfect opportunity for you to build a long-term career with an award-winning organisation!
DCBL are the industry leaders in debt recovery and High Court enforcement, with the business exclusively showcased on Prime-Time television on Netflix, Channel 5 and 5STAR, in the hit series ‘Can’t Pay? We’ll Take It Away!’. Our services are delivered by fully qualified and highly experienced teams, with our staff being selected on their ethical, competent, and professional approach.
As part of Direct Group, we have recently seen unprecedented growth within the company and are looking to hire like-minded people who want to grow alongside us.
What’s in it for me?
- Salary of up to £21,000 (Dependent on Experience).
- Office hours between 9am until 5pm Monday to Friday (36.5 hours per week).
- Early finish Fridays.
- 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays).
- Free Parking.
- Pension Scheme.
- Comprehensive training programme.
- Genuine progression through the Business.
Key Responsibilities of the Business Support Administrator:
- Reporting directly to the Department Manager.
- Working within an extremely fast-paced office environment within a team of established administrators.
- Carrying out Searches and Traces on debtors.
- Communicating with clients both verbally and in writing.
- Taking enquiry calls and directing them to the relative departments and individuals.
- Setting up new cases on our case management system.
- Updating and maintaining case files within a bespoke IT system.
- Supporting the Debt Recovery Team.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Ideal for an experienced Business Support Associate with strong organisational skills.
- Previous Court Administration experience is advantageous, however, full training will be provided.
- Must be IT literate with Word and Excel.
- Qualified to at least GCSE English and Maths (or equivalent).
- Organised, accurate and methodical in approach, comfortable working within a team and alone.
- Self-starter and self-motivator.
- Precision and attention to detail are essential.
- Polite, positive, and professional telephone manner.
If you have the passion and desire to take on this fantastic new Business Support Administrator position, we would love to hear from you. APPLY NOW for immediate consideration.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV, together with a covering email/letter using the button below: