DCBL is a highly successful client-focused business and is one of the market leaders in Debt Collection and High Court Enforcement, with the business showcased on the popular Channel 5 television series “Can’t Pay? We’ll Take It Away!”.
Due to our continued rapid expansion, we are seeking an experienced IT Engineer to join our IT Department at our office based in Runcorn. You will be responsible for supporting the company with IT support via a Ticketing system, using Face to Face, telephone, and Remote connectivity.
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive Salary – between £28,000 – £32,500 (depending on experience)
- Early finish Fridays
- 30 days holiday (including Bank Holidays and your birthday off)
- Free Parking
- Employer-contributed pension (applicable after the qualifying period)
- Vibrant office with complimentary Tea & Coffee Facilities
- Free breakfast on alternate Fridays
- Paid prescription for VDU glasses
- Genuine progression through the Business
Key Responsibilities of the IT Engineer
- Provide effective and efficient “Right first Time” IT Day to day and ongoing support for head office and remote staff to ensure there is minimal downtime or degraded service.
- Work to tight timescales in a fast-paced environment and have a can-do attitude.
- Working as part of the IT dept to assist 1st-3rd line support for all staff to ensure that they can perform their duties on computer systems.
- Collaborate with the IT team to problem solve and provide fast solutions in a busy environment.
- Provide efficient, timely telephone/email/remote support to end users, to support the operational teams achieve their daily targets/maintain operational continuity.
- Understanding of computer networking to ensure timely resolutions of infrastructure issues.
- Ensure that Computers, Printers, Desk phones, mobiles etc are provided to end-users in accordance with agreed SLAs.
- In conjunction with the IT Manager, support the technical development of the IT team to establish an effective succession-plan, and ensure no single point of resource failure.
- Complete any other tasks as requested by the IT Manager or a senior member of staff.
- Collaborate with the IT manager to ensure all stocking levels for distribution are maintained.
- Provide support which could be out of the business’s core operating hours.
- Any other reasonable task or duty as requested by the Company.
- Complete confidential IT tasks as requested by the IT manager or other managers.
- Have an in-depth understanding of Microsoft Server 2008-2022, configure, maintain and fault finding.
- In-depth understanding of Windows 10/11 Operating systems, configuration, maintenance and fault finding.
- In-depth knowledge, understanding and configuration of DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, and Azure Active Directory.
- In-depth knowledge of VMware, configuration, maintenance and fault finding.
- O365 administrator experience including Exchange, OneDrive, Teams, and SharePoint.
- Networking, LAN, WAN, Meraki Wi-Fi, and remote connectivity experience.
- VOIP Solutions, configure, maintain and fault finding.
- Experience with physical infrastructure including Structured Cabling, Firewalls, Routers, Switches, Servers, UPS, and NAS devices.
- Ability to perform methodical fault-finding and fast resolutions for IT-reported issues across all supported products and services.
- Knowledge and understanding of data backup and restoration principles using Veeam, Barracuda, and others.
- Knowledge of ISO27001 and PCI-compliant requirements.
- The ability to undertake IT projects and tasks as determined by the IT Manager.
- Be able to manage Microsoft Windows 10 & 11 Professional operating systems, Android, and Apple devices.
- Manage all on-premise servers, virtual servers, remote applications, and services.
- Customer focussed on service delivery.
- Excellent communication skills
- Can “hit the ground” running.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Takes responsibility for personal development.
- Have a can-do attitude and a willingness to progress their career in the company.
- Can work to tight timescales and provide solutions to the business, IT manager and users.
If you have the experience and drive to be successful in this IT Engineer position, we would love to hear from you. APPLY TODAY for immediate consideration.
Please note: This is not a hybrid role and the position is located at our Manor Park office in Runcorn. By submitting your application, you are agreeing for DCBL to store your personal information on file for Recruitment purposes.